From Around the Web
- Are you approaching retirement but aren’t sure if you’re ready ? Here are 10 signs you need to think twice before finally deciding to retire.
- If you’re saving for retirement through a target-date fund, chances are you’re doing it wrong. Here’s what to do about it.
- Do you have a child or grandchild with a disability or know someone who does? You may want look into the new 529 ABLE accounts. One of the biggest benefits of the ABLE account is that the money held there is exempt from the $2,000 limit on personal assets for individuals who wish to qualify for public benefits. Will they replace the special needs trusts or work in conjunction with them? Tim Steffen, director of financial planning at Robert W. Baird & Co. says ““These accounts solve different needs and different purposes, I don’t see why they can’t work together.” Unfortunately, at the moment you cannot open a 529 ABLE account. Each state is working on coming up with their version of the plan. In the meantime, check out this article at Investment News for the latest info.
My Recent Posts on Nerdwallet’s “Ask an Advisor”
- How should you split your money between saving to purchase a house and saving for retirement.
- Should you invest in a CD inside an IRA? Is there a difference between an IRA you open at a bank and an IRA you can open with a company like Charles Schwab? Read my explanation here.
- Do you have a 4th grader? The Every Kid in a Park Program allows him or her access to America’s natural wonders and historic sites for free through August 31, 2016. The pass admits all children under 16 and up to three adults for free. Click here for the official rules.
- Need an easy way to track your bills and aggregate all of your electronic statements in one convenient place? Take a look at the FileThis app.
- Having trouble keeping track of all your usernames and passwords. Use an app like LastPass to securely store your passwords.
- Use our retirement Check-Up tool to see if you are on track with your retirement savings goals.
If you like this post, you might also like my FREE report: “8 Steps to Organize & Optimize Your Financial Life”. Check it out here!